[m-dev.] for review: add `time' module to standard library

David Glen JEFFERY dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Oct 28 14:57:10 AEST 1999

On 28-Oct-1999, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Estimated hours taken: 3
> 	(plus unknown time by Thomas By)
> library/time.m:
> 	New module, originally written by Thomas By <T.By at dcs.shef.ac.uk>.

s/Thomas By/Tomas By/g

(This occurs a few places in the diff, including the www page entry).

> library/time.m

> :- type tms --->
>         tms(int,    % Utime
>             int,    % Stime
>             int,    % CUtime
>             int).   % CStime
>
> :- type time_t == int.
>
> :- type tm --->
>         tm(int,          % Seconds (0-60)
>            int,          % Minutes (0-59)
>            int,          % Hours (after midnight, 0-23)
>            int,          % WeekDay (number since Sunday, 0-6)
>            int,          % YearDay (number since Jan 1st, 0-365)
>            int,          % Month (number since January, 0-11)
>            int,          % Year (number since 1900)
>            maybe(dst)).  % IsDST (is DST in effect?)

I think the types `tms' and `tm' deserve a brief comment above them explaining
their purpose.

Apart from that, this diff looks fine.

dgj
--
David Jeffery (dgj at cs.mu.oz.au) | If your thesis is utterly vacuous
PhD student,                    | Use first-order predicate calculus.