[m-dev.] Re: throw and scoped_to

Peter Schachte schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 18 17:42:40 AEDT 1999

Replying to my own message....

> > the implementation should take care of the situation in which the goal
> > in the scoped_to construct throws an exception to a the try which is
> > not in the same scoped_to scope
>
> Quite right.  This is a bug that crept into scoped_to with the
> introduction of exceptions.

On closer inspection, I think the code there should work if the
exception implementation in trailing grades interacts properly with
the trail, calling function trail entries with reason MR_exception
when throwing "past" them.

So the question for Fergus or anyone who knows the current state of
the exception library:  does it implement the MR_exception reason
properly?

--
Peter Schachte                     A bore is someone who persists in holding
mailto:schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        his own views after we have enlightened