[m-dev.] cvspatch

Thomas Conway conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 11 09:09:06 AEDT 1999

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 05:34:54PM EST, Zoltan Somogyi wrote:

> I created a shell script that takes the output of a cvs diff from another
> workspace and applies the changes in that diff to the current workspace.
> (Patch by itself can't do this, because cvs diff does not put the directory
> names where patch expects them.) The script is in ~/zs/bin/script/cvspatch.

Good script. If you submitted it as the answer to a 252 prac exam
question it wouldn't get full marks though. You create a temporary file
but don't use trap to make sure it doesn't get left behind... :-)

Thomas
--
 Thomas Conway )O+     Every sword has two edges.
     Mercurian            <conway at cs.mu.oz.au>