[m-dev.] for review: add readline support to mdb

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Mar 22 18:36:46 AEDT 1999

On 22-Mar-1999, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Estimated hours taken: 10
>
> Add GNU readline support to the debugger.

Just one question first -- why include readline in the source distribution?

Readline is not exactly uncommon, I would expect it to be installed
already on any system that has built their own gdb or bash for instance.

I don't really like the idea of installing readline as part of the
installation of Mercury -- if you install with prefix of /usr or
/usr/local you might overwrite your current installation of readline.

--
The quantum sort:
	while (!sorted) { do_nothing(); }