[m-dev.] Higher-order terms and Prolog support

Peter Schachte schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Mar 16 15:36:05 AEDT 1999

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 03:27:03PM +1100, Peter Ross wrote:
> While we are removing Prolog support, should we also not remove
> the lamda notation for higher order terms?

I think that's rather a different issue, and in this case I don't see
a good argument for removing it without plenty of forewarning.  Maybe
0.9 should declare that that syntax will be phased out.  Ideally, then,
in the next release (1.0?) the compiler would print warnings for use
of that feature and then finally 1.1 would remove it altogether.

--
Peter Schachte                     Perfection [in design] is achieved not
mailto:schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        when there is nothing more to add, but