[m-dev.] Graphical debugger for Mercury

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Mon Mar 15 22:12:00 AEDT 1999

| On 15-Mar-1999, Warwick Harvey <wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au> wrote:
| > We have an honours student here (Greg Denehy, gdenehy at cs.monash.edu.au) who
| > (we plan) will be working on a graphical debugger for Mercury.
|
| I'm glad to hear it!
|
| > He's had some experience with mdb (for a summer project he wrote a program
| > which parsed the trace output of mdb and displayed it in a simple GUI), but
| > I'm looking for more things to point him at to get him up to speed.  So far
| > I've pointed him at the recent interactive query support stuff (what's
| > already in, and what he can find in the recent archives of this list), and
| > the term browser stuff.
|
| Well, that's most of what there is.
|
| Something else that is of some relevance is our recent paper on RTTI in
| Mercury (it's in papers/rtti in our CVS repository).
|
| I suppose there may also be some relevant documentation on Opium.
| Perhaps Erwan would care to comment?

Well, I'm just about to finish the Opium-M documentation. I will send an URL
where both the documentation and the first release of Opium-M can be retrieved
as soon as it is ready (probably tonigth).

I would also like to report that some students here at INSA (computer science
engineer school) will soon work on a Tcl/TK GUI for coca (a C version of Opium)
that should also work for Opium-M.

--
R1.