[m-dev.] for review: new module for handling file offsets

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Mar 10 08:55:52 AEDT 1999

Fergus wrote:
> So it seems the file_offset library, at least in its current form, is useful
> only for applications with medium efficiency requirements, not for low
> efficiency or high efficiency applications,

It is intended for applications with high efficiency requirements in the
case of input with no errors, and no particular efficiency requirements
in the case of some errors. I would say that is a lot of applications.

Zoltan.