tabling I/O for retry

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Mar 5 06:38:55 AEDT 1999

On 02-Mar-1999, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> This is just proof-of-concept at the moment.
> I won't commit it until I've fixed the XXXs below.

> A first go at implementing "retry" in mdb for procedures that do I/O
> by memoizing the results of all the I/O operations.

This failed to bootcheck, due to the stage 2 compiler aborting
with the error

	Mercury runtime: Attempt to use a C_POINTER tag in table

This can occur for e.g. io__write_string(Stream, String),
since io__output_stream is defined as a c_pointer.
The tabling code needs to be modified to handle c_pointers, I think.

I think I will leave this one for the moment.