[m-dev.] tabling I/O for retry

Peter Schachte schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Mar 2 14:52:00 AEDT 1999

Hi Fergus,

> A first go at implementing "retry" in mdb for procedures that do I/O
> by memoizing the results of all the I/O operations.

A long-run kind of issue:  have you thought about reloading modified
code during debugging?  One of the things I frequently do when
debugging Prolog code is to run it under the debugger to figure out
where a bug is, then correct it, reload it, and retry the erroneous
goal.  If that works, I go on debugging, if not I look for other bugs.
I would hope that eventually the Mercury debugger would support this
style of debugging.

So the question is, is there any way to reconcile tabling IO
operations for retry and reloading modified code?

--
Peter Schachte                     Things are only impossible until they're
mailto:schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        not. -- Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The