[m-dev.] existential types branch

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jun 29 17:54:18 AEST 1999

On 29-Jun-1999, David Overton <dmo at hydra.cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:

> I need to make some changes on the alias branch to the code that
> handles creation of unification procedures (basically, it's a complete
> fluke that it's working at all in the presence of alias insts).  If I
> do that now, it will involve changes to polymorphism.m  which will
> need to be undone when you merge your existential type changes back
> onto the main branch.
>
> So, my question is:  how long is it likely to be before your changes
> can be merged into the main branch?  If you are nearly ready to do
> this, I'll wait.  Otherwise, I'll try merging the existential_types_2
> branch into the alias branch.

Ah, just the excuse I was looking for ;-)

The existential types stuff is ready to be merged onto the main branch.
The only thing I was waiting for is for dgj to review it all.
But it bootchecks, and in general I'm pretty happy with it,
so at this point I'd be very happy to merge it onto the main branch now
and deal with any changes needed to address dgj's review comments
as separate commits afterwards.

So I'll do that RSN -- sometime in the next couple of days.