[m-dev.] diff: merge trunk_snapshot_19990615175135 into alias branch [1/2]

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jun 16 15:55:04 AEST 1999

On 16-Jun-1999, Peter Ross <petdr at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 16-Jun-1999, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > On 16-Jun-1999, Peter Ross <petdr at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > > compiler/.alias_trunk_sync_tag:
> > > compiler/Mmakefile:
> > > compiler/hlds_out.m:
> > > compiler/mercury_compile.m:
> > > compiler/mercury_to_mercury.m:
> > > compiler/options.m:
> > > compiler/passes_aux.m:
> > > compiler/rl_code.m:
> > > compiler/rl_opt.m:
> > > compiler/notes/compiler_design.html:
> > >

> > The log message doesn't say what changes were made to those files.
> >
> These files required no manual changes to get the files to compile.
> I will add this to the log message.

OK.

For cases where you are just merging in changes that have already been
reviewed, and the merge requires no manual changes, I don't think there
is much point in posting the diffs again, since I don't think it is
worthwhile re-reviewing those changes.

Perhaps you could post a diff of just the files that required significant
manual changes?

Also for some modules it might be more useful to post diffs relative to
the main branch rather than relative to the current alias branch.