[m-dev.] for review: RL bugs

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jun 15 17:03:01 AEST 1999

On 15-Jun-1999, Simon Taylor <stayl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> compiler/rl_exprn.m:
> 	Fix a bug which caused missing constant declarations in the
> 	RL generated for aggregate goals.
>
> 	Remove some code duplication for generation of constant
> 	and constructor declarations.
>
> 	For consistency, return the list of variable types for
> 	key range expressions, even though it should currently
> 	always be empty.
>
> compiler/rl_out.pp:
> 	Handle the variable types returned for key range expressions.
>
> compiler/tree.m:
> 	Added `tree__tree_of_lists_is_empty', which is similar to
> 	`tree__is_empty' except that `node([])' is also considered empty.
> 	This is useful for trees of instructions.
>
> compiler/lookup_switch.m:
> compiler/rl_gen.m:
> 	Use `tree__tree_of_lists_is_empty' instead of `tree__is_empty'.

Those changes look fine.  But the log message is missing an overall
description of what these changes accomplish.

I think the first group (the first two changes) and the second group
(the remaining changes) are unrelated and should therefore be committed
separately.  The log message should explain the rationale for the
second group.

Cheers,
	Fergus.