[m-dev.] For review: using alternate installation dirs

Warwick Harvey wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au
Wed Jun 30 14:46:37 AEST 1999

Fergus wrote:
> On 29-Jun-1999, Warwick Harvey <wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au> wrote:
> > OK, how about s/MOD/INIT/g for the environment variables?
>
> That'd be OK.  I think `MERCURY_LIB_INIT_DIR' and `MERCURY_LIB_INIT_FILES'
> might be slightly nicer, but that's getting down to matters of personal
> preference.

How about just `MERCURY_INIT_DIR' and `MERCURY_INIT_FILES'?  I think that's
a little more consistent with the naming of the other variables.

> > I suppose it'd be nice if all the old ones were changed too?
>
> Sure.
>
> > (Agh, I can hear the cries of
> > "separate change" already...  That'd be #4 from this stuff.  :-)

I plan to do the old ones after I've committed the first phase of the
alternate installation dir stuff, to reduce the number of conflicts I'll
have to merge (though this will mean a short-term mismatch between the
naming schemes of the old vars and the new ones I introduce).

Do I need to worry about backwards compatibility?

Warwick