[m-dev.] for review: reordering for existential types [1]

Simon Taylor stayl at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jun 23 13:53:02 AEST 1999

> > On 11-Jun-1999, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > > Change the order of the passes so that polymorphism comes before
> > > mode analysis.  This is necessary so that mode analysis can properly
> > > reorder code involving existential types.

One other possible problem I noticed is that you moved the code
to convert higher-order pred constants into lambda expressions
from modecheck_unify.m into polymorphism.m. What happens if a
later pass (e.g. deforestation) reruns mode analysis on code which
constructs a higher-order pred constant?

Simon.