[m-dev.] Q: assigning pred_ids to functions

Peter Ross petdr at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jul 29 19:56:59 AEST 1999

On 29-Jul-1999, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 29-Jul-1999, Peter Ross <petdr at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > Currently the assertion
> >
> > :- assertion all [A,B,C] ( C = A + B <=> C = B + A ).
> >
> > cannot be used since it parses as unifications not function calls.
> >
> > The compiler notes say that this is done in modecheck_unify.m, but it
> > appears to me that it is done in polymorphism.
> >
> > So my question is where is it done?
>
> polymorphism.m.  This was changed in my recent existential types changes.
> I'll fix the documentation.

Thanks for that.

Now for my next question.

Say I have the above assertion in the interface section for int.
The assertion then gets written to 'int.int'.

Now when I use my file foo.m, I would like to import that assertion.

However since the assertion is an arbitary logic formula we will run
into problems.  Could you remind me what they are again.

Pete.