[m-dev.] for review: Aditi update doc extract

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jul 6 16:30:13 AEST 1999

This didn't seem to work the first time I sent it, so here it is
again:

-----Forwarded message from David Overton <dmo>-----

Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:51:37 +1000
From: David Overton <dmo>
To: mercury-developers at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Subject: Re: [m-dev.] for review: Aditi update doc extract

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 05:04:54PM EST, Simon Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As Fergus suggested, this is the part of mercury_ref.info relating
> to Aditi updates.
>
> David Overton, could you please take a look at this.

Hi Simon,

Sorry I haven't reviewed this earlier.  I've had the flu since Friday.
It looks ok to me, apart from Fergus's comments and the change below.

David

>    Examples:
>      delete_example_1(DB0, DB) :-
>              aditi_delete((p(_, X, Y) :- X + Y = 2), DB0, DB).
>
>      delete_example_2(DB0, DB) :-
>              aditi_delete(f(_, 2) = _Y, DB0, DB).
>
>      delete_example_3(DB0, DB) :-
>              DeleteP = (aditi_top_down
>                     pred(_::unused, X::in, Y::in) is semidet :-
>                              X = 2
>                     ),
>              aditi_delete(pred p/3, DeleteP, DB0, DB).
>
>      delete_example_4(DB0, DB) :-
>              DeleteQ = (aditi_top_down
>                     func(_::unused, X::in) = (Y::in) is semidet :-
>                              X = 2
>                     ),
>              aditi_delete(func f/2, DeleteQ, DB0, DB).
>
>      delete_example_5 -->
>      	aditi_delete((p(_, X, Y) :- X = 2, Y = 2)).
>
>    The type of `DeleteP' is
> `aditi_top_down pred(aditi__state, int, int)'.  Its inst is
> `pred(unused, in, in) is nondet', as for a normal lambda expression.

s/nondet/semidet/

--
David Overton       Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
MEngSc Student      The University of Melbourne, Australia

-----End of forwarded message-----