[m-dev.] pedantic quibble...

Michael Day mcda at cat.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Dec 23 00:16:27 AEDT 1999

> :- import is used by the C interface.  Pedantically, I'm thinking this
> might be better as :- import_foreign or something like that.

Will the C interface become a "host language" interface once MLDS kicks in
and Mercury is targeting every language that looks remotely plausible?

> :- import by itself isn't particularly informative because there are
> several different things you might want to import.

There are several things you might want to import, but is there any way to
import them? If the only things that are importable are modules, there
appears to be little ambiguity. (Fergus' original system mentioned
importing predicates and types on an individual basis, but is this still
viable?)

Michael