[m-dev.] diff: remove support for `:- assertion' declarations.

Warwick Harvey wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au
Sun Dec 5 21:41:08 AEDT 1999

Tyson wrote:
> On 05-Dec-1999, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > | with the tag bootstrap_19991116_promise_decls in the compiler and library
> > | directories.                                         ^^^^^^^^     ^^^^^^^
> >
> > The problem is that part of his change was to `configure.in', which is
> > not in the compiler or library directory.
>
> Ah.  Well yep, that would screw things up a bit.  If you use
> 	cvs update -r bootstrap_19991116_promise_decls
> it removes all the files that aren't in the compiler and library
> directories.

I also had problems with this on Friday, and discovered what Pete had done.
I was thinking of sending a patch to bootstrapping.html which specifies that
one has to (? or at least should?) tag all files in the repository, not just
selected ones or selected directories.  But right now I need to go home and
make some lunch.  :-)

Warwick