[m-dev.] diff: remove support for `:- assertion' declarations.

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sun Dec 5 14:45:36 AEDT 1999

On 16-Nov-1999, Peter Ross <petdr at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> > Estimated hours taken: 1
> >
> > Completely remove support for `:- assertion' declarations.
> >
> > configure.in:
> >     The up-to-date check must now ensure that `:- promise' declarations
> >     can be parsed, and the declarations don't have to have every
> >     variable explicitly quantified.
> >
> > compiler/mercury_to_mercury.m:
> > compiler/prog_io.m:
> > library/ops.m:
> >     Remove the support for parsing `:- assertion' declarations.
> >
> > doc/reference_manual.texi:
> > library/int.m:
> >     s/assertion/promise/
> >

> I have added the following to the start of the log message:
>
> This change can be bootstrapped with the tag
> bootstrap_19991116_promise_decls in the compiler and library
> directories.

You also need to tag the files with that tag, at the right time (just
before you committed this change).  I tried to bootstrap something and
this foiled my plans.

--
The quantum sort:
	while (!sorted) { do_nothing(); }