[m-dev.] for review: allow separate mode decls for zero arity preds

Simon Taylor stayl at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Aug 31 13:10:03 AEST 1999

> On 30-Aug-1999, Simon Taylor <stayl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> >
> > Allow separate mode declarations for predicates with no arguments
> > (previously they were considered to be duplicate mode declarations).
> > This avoids the need to special case such predicates when writing
> > out declarations for inter-module optimization.
>
> I think that change is a good idea.
> Your diff looks fine.
>
> It's probably worth documenting this in the language reference manual.

I'm not sure about that. The new behaviour is not inconsistent with the
current description in the reference manual. If anything the old behavior
was inconsistent with the reference manual because separate mode declarations
were not allowed for predicates with no arguments, where the reference manual
strongly implies that separate mode declarations can always be supplied.

Simon.