[m-dev.] diff: bug fix for compilation with tracing

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Apr 15 17:28:40 AEST 1999

On 15-Apr-1999, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> Apologies for inadvertently including the diff for this change
> in with the diff of my last mail. The two changes will be committed
> indepedently.
>
> Estimated hours taken: 0.5
>
> compiler/mercury_compile.m:
> 	Fix an oversight: when compiling some source files directly to
> 	an executable, include the trace and browser libraries in the
> 	list of libraries to be linked in if the compiler options specify
> 	execution tracing.

This fix not the right fix.

The right fix is to pass `--trace' to the linker, which will cause
it to link in those files, together will any libraries that they
in turn need (e.g. readline).

I already committed a change to make the compiler do that a while ago
(March 28), so I'm not sure why you are still observing any problem.