[m-dev.] debugger tests failing due to problem with MR_edt_root_node

Mark Anthony BROWN dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Apr 14 18:40:30 AEST 1999

Fergus Henderson writes:

> Hi,
>
> The debugger tests are failing in all grades on murlibobo (and probably
> elsewhere too).
> The problem seems to be that the symbol MR_edt_root_node is undefined.

Oops, my fault.  I didn't test the change on murlibobo until after
committing (I didn't think the change could affect anyone because
I thought it was all behind #ifdefs, however this is not true).

> The linker gives a warning that this symbol is undefined when building
> libmer_browser.so, and then when you build executables linked to that
> library the dynamic loader reports an error at runtime.
> It looks very much like this is due to some problem with Mark Brown's
> recent change.  Mark, could you please have a look at this one?

Yes, I am.  MR_edt_root_node is defined in libmer_trace, but it is
referenced in the browser (which comes *after* libmer_trace in the
linker arguments).  My current hypothesis is that this is the problem,
and that it can be fixed by doing an indirect call via function
pointer.  A fix is on the way.

Cheers,
Mark.
--
Mark Brown  (dougl at cs.mu.oz.au)       )O+   |  For Microsoft to win,
MEngSc student,                             |  the customer must lose