Timings vs SICStus

Warwick Harvey wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au
Tue Apr 13 16:07:12 AEST 1999

Hi,

We're trying to do some timing comparisons between HAL programs compiled to
Mercury, and SICStus programs.  Is there a paper to go along with the table
of benchmarking results on the web site?  (I couldn't tell from the
abstracts given on the web.)  Mainly I just want to verify what options you
used with SICStus, and why you seem (from what I can tell from the
benchmarking code) to have ignored the time SICStus spends garbage
collecting, stack shifting, making system calls, etc.

Thanks,
Warwick