[m-dev.] for review: fix bug in unique mode checking

Peter Schachte schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Apr 9 09:44:38 AEST 1999

> 	% This should give a warning about the second disjunct never succeeding.
> 	:- pred r(int, int).
> 	:- mode r(in(bound(1)), out(bound(42))) is det.
>
> 	r(1, 42).
> 	r(2, 21).
>
> My first inclination is to say oh well, never mind,
> and to just comment out that part of that test case.
>
> Would anyone object to that?

That sounds OK to me.  The warning in question seems a bit of a "gee
whiz" feature:  maybe a bit too clever.  I think it's just about as
likely to be annoying as it is to be helpful.

--
Peter Schachte                     The fantastic advances in the field of
mailto:schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        communication constitute a grave danger