[m-dev.] skipped predicates

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Fri Sep 18 22:26:18 AEST 1998

Zoltan Somogyi wrote:
> It is not missing, we just implemented it a different way; via --trace
> interface previously, and --trace shallow in the latest diff.

Yes, you are rigth. I have misunderstood what --trace-interface was
doing.

Still, both methods does not have exactly the same behavior; with my
method, a skipped procedure do not generate any event, even if it is
calling a deep level procedure (I don't know which method is better in
this respect).

Another difference is that with my method, you don't need to recompile
the modules you want to "shallowly" trace (like the library modules for
example).
But it is certainly a minor issue.

--
R1.