[m-dev.] Just a few questions

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Sep 14 16:17:00 AEST 1998

> 1) would it be easy to implement a primitive that retrieve the list of
> ancestors of the current predicate ? (I mean a primitive which go and
> look in an existing stack) Is this information always available ?

runtime/mercury_stack_trace.c has the primitives for this.

This information is always available in debug grade. In other grades,
the information may be missing for some modules, and when the stack trace
hits a predicate from such a module, it must stop while still incomplete.

> 2) Is LCO switch off when tracing is on ?

Effectively, yes. The code of the exit event will prevent any kind of last
call optimization.

Zoltan.