[m-dev.] for review: compiler support for Mark's declarative debugger

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Oct 23 15:05:27 AEST 1998

On 22-Oct-1998, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> +:- type trace_slot_info
> +	--->	trace_slot_info(
> +			maybe(int),	% If the procedure is shallow traced,
> +					% this will be yes(N), where stack
> +					% slot N is the slot that holds the
> +					% value of the from-full flag at call.
> +					% Otherwise, it will be no.
> +
> +			maybe(int)	% If --trace-decl is set, this will
> +					% be yes(M), where stack slots M
> +					% and M+1 hold the
> +		).

You need to finish that comment.

> -		% Debugger code in the runtime is not interested in the
> -		% call-from-full flag, so does not have to be in a fixed slot.
> -		% Even if we put in a fixed slot, the runtime won't know
> -		% whether a procedure has interface or full tracing, and so it
> -		% wouldn't know whether the slot was used for this purpose
> -		% or not.
> +		% Debugger code in the runtime cannot know whether a procedure
> +		% has shallow or deep tracing, and therefore whether the
> +		% stack frame has a slot holding the from-full flag.
> +		% We must therefore tell
> +		MaybeFromFullSlot = yes(NextSlotAfterRedoLayout),

And this one.

Apart from that I don't think there are any problems, and it
should be fine to commit..

--
       Tyson Dowd           # There isn't any reason why Linux can't be
                            # implemented as an enterprise computing solution.