[m-dev.] diff: add another regression test

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Oct 7 13:24:45 AEST 1998

On 06-Oct-1998, Thomas Charles CONWAY <conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Fergus Henderson, you write:
> > Estimated hours taken: 0.5
> >
> > tests/hard_coded/Mmakefile:
> > tests/hard_coded/var_not_found.m:
> > tests/hard_coded/var_not_found.exp:
> > 	Add a regression test for a mode analysis bug that resulted
> > 	in a var_not_found error during code generation.
> > 	I don't if the bug was ever fixed, it just happened to
> > 	go away for some unknown reason.
>
> IIRC, we diagnosed this bug as being some problem to do with complicated
> unification predicates.

After a bit more investigation: the bug was not fixed, it just happened
to no longer cause errors during code generation.  The bug is that
mode analysis generates an incorrect instmap delta, and yes it does
have something to do with complicated unifications: the problem
in this test case occurs at a point where a complicated unification appears
in an implied mode.