[m-dev.] Re: bootcheck failed

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 26 21:16:49 AEDT 1998

On 26-Nov-1998, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> > The compiler failed its bootstrap tests on murlibobo last night;
> > the stage 2 compiler gets a seg fault.  It worked fine the night
> > before.
> I just checked, and the command "gcc" on murlibobo now invokes
> egcs-2.91.57. The modification date on /usr/local/bin is 1am today.
> Therefore it is likely that the bug is in egcs.

Or at least triggered by egcs.

gcc 2.7.2 is still around in /usr/local/apps.
I've put a link to it in /home/mercury/public/murlibobo.
We'll see tonight whether that avoids the problem.
I expect it will.

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.oz.au>  |  "Binaries may die
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh>  |   but source code lives forever"