[m-dev.] release 0.8 just about ready

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Nov 16 18:51:17 AEDT 1998

On 16-Nov-1998, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 16-Nov-1998, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > If there's anything important that we've forgotten,
> > now's your last chance to mention it.
>
> I assume we are not going to make Linux use shared libraries by default
> for the release.  Is that right?

Yes.

Here's a list of things which were at one time suggested for 0.8
but which haven't been done yet and which I don't think are worth
holding up the release for:

	- changing the default on Linux to use shared libraries

	- making the runtime namespace-clean

	- fixing the bug with quantification being done after
	  various transformations such as expansion of `<=>',
	  rather than before them

These issues can be addressed in a future release.  These are all still
worth doing but I think it's more important to get the release out.

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.oz.au>  |  "Binaries may die
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh>  |   but source code lives forever"