[m-dev.] for review: document pragma import & nondet pragma c_code

David Glen JEFFERY dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 5 16:05:59 AEDT 1998

On 05-Nov-1998, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 05-Nov-1998, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
>
> > +If you use @samp{pragma import} for a polymorphically typed Mercury procedure,
> > +the compiler will prepend one @samp{type_info} argument to the parameters passed
> > +to the C function for each polymorphic type variable in the
> > +Mercury procedure's type signature.  The values passed in these arguments
> > +will be the same as the values that would be obtained using the Mercury
> > + at samp{type_of} function in the Mercury standard library module @samp{std_util}.
>
> Are typeclass_infos handled at all?  If not is it noted as a
> bug/limitation somewhere?

On a similar note, type infos are only passed to C for type vars that are
not constrained. This should probably be noted as a limitation somewhere.

dgj
--
David Jeffery (dgj at cs.mu.oz.au) |  Marge: Did you just call everyone "chicken"?
PhD student,                    |  Homer: Noooo.  I swear on this Bible!