[m-dev.] diff: fix bug with nested modules & intermod opt

David Glen JEFFERY dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Nov 2 19:40:33 AEDT 1998

On 02-Nov-1998, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> That change did remove some error detection which could potentially be useful.
> But keeping the error detection would require breaking the abstraction --
> detecting the error requires noticing inconsistencies in exactly
> those details which the higher-level interface abstracts away.
> Previously the error detection here was useful, because e.g. adding
> a new import status would require modification to this code, and the
> runtime check will help to prevent future from forgetting that modification.
> But now adding a new import status will not require modification
> to this code, so there's very little advantage in keeping the error
> detection there.
>
> Does that explain things?

Sure. Feel free to commit (but you might like to add a sentence to the log
message explaining this).

dgj
--
David Jeffery (dgj at cs.mu.oz.au) |  Marge: Did you just call everyone "chicken"?
PhD student,                    |  Homer: Noooo.  I swear on this Bible!