[m-dev.] for review: add code to read terms from strings

Peter Schachte pets at students.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed May 13 10:48:59 AEST 1998

> Add code to parse terms from strings rather than from streams.

A little late for this comment, but anyway....

Wouldn't it be better to create a type class for input-stream-like-things,
make read et al. work for the type class, and make a string-stream instance
of this?

Or is this another one of those "until we have a debugger we can't really
use type classes" deals?  If so, maybe it would be worth spending some time
to make type classes work under Prolog?

-Peter Schachte               | Politicians are the same all over. They
mailto:pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU       | promise to build a bridge even where there
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~pets/ | is no river.
PGP: finger pets at 128.250.37.3 |     -- Nikita Krushchev