[m-dev.] for review: a big step towards the trace-based debugger (part 1 of 3)

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat Mar 21 14:54:53 AEDT 1998

Hi,

So far I've just had a look at the log message, not the diff,
but from that it looks pretty good.  If we keep going at this
rate, then I think we'll have a very usable debugger in the
near future!

On 20-Mar-1998, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> library/require.m:

What was the change to require.m?

> scripts/mmd:
> 	A new script for turning on the tracing code in an executable.
>
> scripts/Mmakefile:
> 	Include mmd in the list of scripts to be installed.

You should also check bindist/Mmakefile and bindist/bindist.Makefile.in.
I think you need to add the script to lists there.

Also there should be a man page for this script.
The simplest way of achieving that is to add code
to the script to handle a `--help' option, and
then add it to the list of man pages in doc/Mmakefile,
so that the man page will be automatically built from
the `--help' message.