[m-dev.] diff: centralize file-name handling

David Matthew OVERTON dmo at students.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Mar 17 15:17:49 AEDT 1998

Fergus Henderson wrote:

> Estimated hours taken: 4.5
>
> Change things so that almost all the places which create file names
> do so via just a few predicates (such as module_name_to_file_name)
> in modules.m.  Centralising the file handling in this way
> will make future changes to the file naming convention simpler.
>
> (The one place which still creates file names other than via the predicates
> declared at the start of modules.m is mercury_compile__link_module_list.
> It creates them based on the value of the `-o <filename>' option.
> I didn't change that because I am not yet sure what the semantics of
> the `-o <filename>' option ought to be.)

There is one other place where a file name is created.  In
`fact_table.m' a C source file is created by appending `.c' to the
fact table file name.

David
--
David Overton
M.Eng.Sc Student                     Email: dmo at cs.mu.oz.au
Department of Computer Science       Web: http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~dmo
The University of Melbourne          Phone: +61 3 9344 9159