[m-dev.] live arguments

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jun 8 19:47:19 AEST 1998

> I noticed that the internal name of the live arguments are not always
> "HeadVar__1", "HeadVar__2", ... but sometimes "DCG_1" or "FileInput".
>
> Is it normal ?
> I thought that you were printing only the live arguments of a predicate
> and not other live variables.

Yes, it is normal. The documentation of the print command says:

	p: print the variables live at this point.

This should include the input arguments (except if they have been clobbered),
but may include other variables too. In fact, I am working on an option
that would get the compiler to preserve the values of variables which have
died just so that their values can be inspected.

Zoltan.