[m-dev.] server mercury.cs.mu.oz.au rejected access

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Tue Jul 21 18:13:42 AEST 1998

Tyson Dowd wrote:

> > Could my password have expired or something like that ?
>
> No, I don't think so.
>
> There are two possibilities I can think of:
>
> 1. You are using an old/wrong path to the repository.
>
> What is your CVSROOT set to exactly?

hcand[10:04]%echo $CVSROOT
:pserver:jahier at mercury.cs.mu.oz.au:/home/mercury1/repository

> 2. Your account on hydra is somehow messed up -- /home/guest wasn't
> mounted properly on hydra (probably due to the system changes we've
> had at our end), so I've fixed that up.  There may be other problems...
>
> Can you rlogin to hydra?

No.

hcand[10:05]%rlogin hydra.cs.mu.oz.au
Password: <type my cvs password>
Login incorrect

That could be a problem of login username (I mean, for the rlogin, not
for the cvs access). What is my username at Melbourne ?
(here, it is "jahier")