[m-dev.] For review: Change INSTALL_CVS to use/mention stage 2 directory

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jul 14 19:14:47 AEST 1998

On 14-Jul-1998, Warwick Harvey <wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au> wrote:

> Some changes to the compiler require that a user trying to build and install
> a new version of the compiler from Mercury sources do the `mmake install'
> step from the stage 2 directory.  This was not mentioned in the INSTALL_CVS;
> this change fixes that omission.
>
> INSTALL_CVS:
> 	Now runs a bootcheck by default and performs the `mmake install'
> 	from the stage 2 directory.  Updated the instructions to tell the
> 	user how to install without the bootcheck, and the implications of
> 	doing this.

That looks great, thanks!

Just one small comment:

>  touch Mmake.params &&
>  mmake depend $parallel &&
>  mmake MMAKEFLAGS=$parallel &&
> +tools/bootcheck $parallel && cd stage2 &&
>  mmake install MMAKEFLAGS=$parallel &&
>  true

I think it would be clearer for the `cd stage2 &&' to either
go on a line of its own, or to precede the `mmake install',
rather than following the `tools/bootcheck'.