[m-dev.] for review: new debugger command set, part 1

Peter Schachte pets at students.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jul 8 10:48:54 AEST 1998

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> > > You shouldn't hard-code the "20".
> >
> > Well, what we want is to automatically get the window size from the operating
> > system, but that is future work. I didn't think there would be *too* much point
> > in providing a user command for setting it, but providing one would be trivial.

I assume you plan to count the number of events since the last user input of
any kind?

Do you plan to count the number of lines (considering line wrapping) each
event display takes?  If not, and with long pred names and nested modules,
you may find the scrolling doesn't work very well.

In any case, you might want to make the initial default some function of the
$LINES environment variable, if it's defined, and 24 if not.  This should
be pretty easy to implement, and often do something pretty reasonable.

-Peter Schachte               | ....I have not failed. I've just found
mailto:pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU       | 10,000 ways that won't work.
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~pets/ |     -- Thomas Edison
PGP: finger pets at 128.250.37.3 |