Erwan's problems (was: new debugger command set)

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jul 7 19:17:36 AEST 1998

On 07-Jul-1998, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> > By the way, I've got some problems with the current cvs release of the
> > mercury compiler.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong ?
> > It seems that library/builtin.m and the old library/mercury_buitin.m are
> > in conflict.
>
> mercury_builtin.m was divided into builtin.m and private_builtin.m, and the
> compiler was modified to refer to these modules instead of mercury_builtin.m.
>
> Fergus, can you please tell Erwan exactly what he need to do?

Not unless Erwan tells me exactly what his problems are.

In general, Erwan may sometimes run into difficulties trying to compile
the current version of the compiler from the CVS repository with an old
version of the compiler.  This can happen if we add a new feature
and then add code that depends on the new feature.
If that is what is causing the problem, then there are two possible
solutions.  One is to first do a cvs update to the date when we added
the feature, build and install the compiler, and then do a `cvs update -A'
to update to the current date, and then build and install that.
The other solution is to just build a compiler from our source distribution
<ftp://turiel.cs.mu.oz.au/pub/beta-releases>.