[m-dev.] for review: new method of handling failures, part 1 of 6

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jul 16 16:33:27 AEST 1998

On 02-Jul-1998, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> This should be reviewed by Tom *and* by Fergus.
>
> Note that when this change is installed, it will require the recompilation
> of all workspaces. Workspaces that do not do a cvs update of this change
> when it is installed (which I expect will include the entire alias branch)
> will also have to adapt the steps given below.
> Implement new methods of handling failures and the end points of branched
> control structures.

I haven't reviewed all of this yet, but the parts that I have reviewed
look mostly OK except for minor documentation issues.
So if this stuff bootchecks and passes all the test cases,
I'd be happy for you to commit it and deal with any review comments afterwards.