[m-dev.] for review: Accurate garbage collection.

Tyson Dowd trd at stimpy.cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Jul 2 14:23:37 AEST 1998

On 02-Jul-1998, Peter Schachte <pets at students.cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> > An initial implementation of the accurate garbage collector.
> >
> > library/builtin.m:
> > library/mercury_builtin.m:
> > library/std_util.m:
> > runtime/mercury_tabling.h:
> > 	Deep copy terms using the address of the value instead of
> > 	just the value.
>
> Does this mean that deep copy now preserves sharing?  Either way, you should
> probably mention that here.

Nope.  The interface has just changed.  Supporting sharing without
destructively copying (e.g. moving) is more difficult.

It is closer to supporting sharing however.  I'll make it clear in the
log message that there is no change to the operation of deep_copy.

--
       Tyson Dowd           # "Bill Gates is a white persian cat and a monocle
                            # away from becoming another James Bond villan."