for review: printing variable names and values in the tracer

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Feb 2 01:06:13 AEDT 1998

On 01-Feb-1998, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> runtime/mercury_trace.[ch]:
> 	Change the prompt to a less intrusive "> ".

Certainly the previous prompt was pretty ugly, but I think "> " is too
ambiguous -- since the output of both the debugger and the program
being debugged go to the same stream, it is too easy to confuse them.
I suggest one of the following (in approximate order of preference):

	- "mrdb> "	(mercury runtime debugger)
	- "Mercury Runtime> "
	- "MR> "

Note that I use the name "mrdb" rather than "mdb" becaused
"mdb" should probably be reserved for the bytecode debugger.
(Of course, perhaps we should eventually integrate the two...)

P.S. I haven't had a look at the diff yet, just at the log message.