[m-dev.] for review: handle non-simple typeclass constraints

David Glen JEFFERY dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Apr 9 01:35:53 AEST 1998

On 09-Apr-1998, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 08-Apr-1998, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > [Another diff will follow.]
>
> ... and here it is.  This diff is relative to the previous one.
> As well as addressing DJ's comments, I fixed a bug:
> my previous changes broke apply_class_rules.
>
> The log message is as before except for check_typeclass.m.
>
> compiler/check_typeclass.m:
> 	Change the way we superclass conformance for instance
> 	declarations to take advantage of the new "DeclaredConstraints"
> 	argument to typecheck__reduce_context_by_rule_application.

I didn't see a comment explaning why you've put context reduction by using
class decls before using instance decls. (My intuition says that instance
decls should come first seeing that using class decls in general involves
a search... when I implement that. ;-) ).

Otherwise its fine. Please commit that if you haven't done so already.

love and cuddles,
dgj
--
David Jeffery (dgj at cs.mu.oz.au) |  Marge: Did you just call everyone "chicken"?
MEngSc student,                 |  Homer: Noooo.  I swear on this Bible!