[m-dev.] Debian package of Mercury 0.7

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Wed Sep 10 18:02:08 AEST 1997

Tyson Richard DOWD, you wrote:

> So here's what I propose:
> 	- split mercury-0.7.tar.gz into
> 	    - mercury-0.7-base.tar.gz		(compiler, libs, samples)
> 	    - mercury-0.7-extras.tar.gz		(extras hierarchy)
> 	- build two debian packages for these.

OK, that sounds good.

> (in fact, "maze" and "fft" don't have copyright
> notices, so they certainly can't go in the main debian distribution ;-).
> I've also just noticed the samples don't have copyright notices, we
> should probably fix that (at least cover them by the top-level README,
> or add notices to each file).

OK, we should add copyright notices for these.
For the samples, it is probably best if we make them public domain.
This can be done by inserting a comment of the form "This source
file <foo.m> is hereby placed in the public domain. -<author>." at the
top of the source file.

Tom, can you please add copyright or PD notices (preferably the latter,
but its up to you) for
	extras/complex_numbers/samples/fft.m
	extras/graphics/samples/maze.m
	extras/graphics/samples/calc.m
	samples/ultra_sub.m

Andrew, can you please add copyright or PD notices for
	samples/e.m
	samples/eliza.m

I'll do the others.