[m-dev.] diff: NEWS for 0.7.3

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at cs.mu.oz.au
Fri Oct 31 13:09:40 AEDT 1997

Fergus Henderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning on making a new release, since we have fixed a number
> of bugs since 0.7.2.

What's your timeframe?

>  * We have fixed a few minor bugs.
>
> +NEWS for Mercury release 0.7.3
> +------------------------------
>
> -NEWS since Mercury release 0.7.2
> ---------------------------------
> +This release is primarily a bug-fix release.
> +But as well as bug fixes, there are a few minor improvements:
> +
> +* The profiler now allows you to merge profiling data from multiple runs.
> +
> +  There's a new script `mprof_merge_runs' to support this.
> +  See the "Profiling" section of the Mercury User's Guide,
> +  or the man page for `mprof_merge_runs'.
> +
> +* Termination analysis no longer uses the `lp_solve' package.
> +
> +  This avoids some portability problems and some copyright issues
> +  (the `lp_solve' package had a quite restrictive license).

Well, the consequences are more than this - lp_solve is also
no longer part of the distribution.

Did you want to document a little more on the bugs that were fixed?
(Just so people know whether they are bugs that are likely to affect
them).

--
       Tyson Dowd           # To fix this, edit BLAH\BlahKey\Blah\Whatever
                            # in the registry.