[m-dev.] diff: incorporating lp_solve in the distribution

Tyson Richard DOWD trd at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Oct 9 17:57:07 AEST 1997

Fergus Henderson wrote:
> Tyson Richard DOWD, you wrote:
> > Fergus Henderson wrote:
> > > Tyson, can you tell me whether the COPYING file for lp_solve shown below
> > > meets the Debian distribution requirements?
> >
> > No way. This is not a free license.
>
> I had a feeling you were going to say that...
>
> > I should point out that my vigilence on licences isn't just with
> > regard to Debian - if the Mercury distribution is encumbered with
> > a stack of different licenses, people can't freely redistribute
> > Mercury, or use it freely.
> > I would have to vote against this diff.
>
> Agreed.

To clarify this point - if you want to release a beta very soon, than this
isn't a big problem. If putting it in extras is not a big problem, we
should probably try to do it before then, but it won't cause big
problems.

--
       Tyson Dowd           # To fix this, edit BLAH\BlahKey\Blah\Whatever
                            # in the registry.