[m-dev.] diff: incorporating lp_solve in the distribution

Thomas Charles CONWAY conway at cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Oct 9 14:03:34 AEST 1997

Tyson Richard DOWD, you write:
> How deeply are we tied to this package? Is there a free alternative?
> Could we implement a similar thing ourselves?

I have already.

The interface is a little different because it is a Mercury module to
do the same thing, rather than an external program, however this should
*improve* things since it requires no I/O and avoids an level of
formatting and parsing. The downside is that it will require some work
to change the compiler to use this (ie it isn't "plug compatible").

Thomas
--
ZZ:wq!
^X^C
Thomas Conway               				      conway at cs.mu.oz.au
AD DEUM ET VINUM	  			      Every sword has two edges.