[m-dev.] for review: changes to NEWS file

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.oz.au
Mon Nov 24 00:13:11 AEDT 1997

On 23-Nov-1997, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone please review this?
>
> NEWS:
> 	Mention recent changes:
> 		- array bounds checking disable-able
> 		- can control print-out for prolog debugging
> 		- can profile user or user+system time
> 		- profiler works on Windows
> 		- ported to Linux/PPC

You should mention the recent GRADEFLAGS change, since it is a user
visible change.

> +NEWS since release 0.7.3:
> +-------------------------
> +
> +* Array bounds checking can now be disabled.
> +
> +  To disable array bounds checking, you must compile with
> +  `--intermodule-optimization' enabled and you must also
> +  define the C macro ML_OMIT_ARRAY_BOUNDS_CHECKS (e.g. by using
> +  `MGNUCFLAGS=-DML_OMIT_ARRAY_BOUNDS_CHECKS' in your Mmake file).

I don't think this is enough information - in particular this needs to be
done while compiling the library, or you need to copy the array module
and build it locally (IIRC that is).

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #         Linux versus Windows is a