[m-dev.] Re: For review: Make Mercury cope with impure code (part 2/2)

Peter Schachte pets at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Mon Nov 17 12:27:16 AEDT 1997

On 17 Nov 1997, Lee Naish wrote:

> How about the interaction between impure preds and higher order?  There is
> one clause of Peter's code which seems to deal with HO and no mention in
> comments/documentation.  My intuition says this is inadequate...

The documentation of this is definitely inadequate.  I'm not sure about the
code, I'll have to put in a test case for this.  The intention is, at least
for now, not to allow closures of impure predicates to be created at all. In
the long run it might make sense to distinguish pure and impure closures as
separate types, but it's not clear whether or not it's worth the trouble.

-Peter Schachte			| Some lies are so well disguised to resemble
pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU		| truth, that we should be poor judges of the
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~pets/	| truth not to believe them. -- Anonymous
PGP key available on request	|